Lapland is the proverbial home of Santa Claus and his team of reindeer – what could possibly be a more fitting destination for your Christmas holiday this winter? During this once in a life time adventure you will spend your nights watching the northern lights dance overhead and your days will be filled with exciting adventures that can only be found in Lapland. This all inclusive trip is among the highest ranked aurora photo adventures on Earth and will give you an opportunity to enjoy a delicious Scandinavian holiday foods with endless amounts of local traditional delicacies. Twenty hours of darkness per day and a very high likelihood of clear skies will give you the greatest possible chance to see the magical aurora borealis during your time in the National Park.
Booking information: This 4 night package includes all food, lodging and multiple activities. Please choose your arrival date in the booking section to proceed with a reservation. You will only pay a 20% deposit when you make the booking. We will send you a detailed itinerary of your trip together with your final invoice approximately 60 days before arrival. Minimum age: 16 years old.
Package price: 18,995 SEK/person
Convert SEK to your local currency here!
Our Christmas & New Year packages are strictly limited to ten participants – maximizing your ability to spend as much one on time with your guide as possible. We are confident that you will go home with lots of great pictures and memories of the Arctic that will last a lifetime!
- Four nights in a private, newly renovated room with a private bathroom at Hotel STF Abisko, beautifully located in Abisko National Park, Sweden. The hotel has many cozy public areas where you can find your own spot to admire the awe-inspiring views or keep in touch with the outside world using the free Wi-Fi service provided.
- Four Lights Over Lapland nightly aurora photo tours. We will go to a different location every night depending upon current weather conditions. We will choose between the following locations:
– The Lights Over Lapland teepee, a traditional Sami tent set up in the National Park.
– STF Abisko’s famous Sami camp, one of our most popular Lights Over Lapland locations!
– A snowmobile sleigh ride to a remote location in the wilderness of the Abisko Mountains.
– A night visit at the world famous Aurora Sky Station with one of Lights Over Lapland’s professional award winning aurora photographers.
– An exciting aurora hunt in one of Lights Over Lapland’s safe and modern minivans.
– A boat house on the shore of Sweden’s 6th largest Lake – Torneträsk.
– A scenic location along the shoreline of Lake Torneträsk.
- A two hour dogsledding adventure in the frozen wilderness of Abisko National Park.
- A day trip to the world famous Icehotel.
- High quality camera, tripod, backpack and batteries for the duration of your stay.
- Warm Arctic overalls to be worn over your clothes.
- Access to an authentic Scandinavian sauna.
- Organic breakfast buffet with a wide variety of tasty breakfast foods.
- Traditional Swedish lunch buffet or packable lunch boxes for your outdoor activities in Abisko National Park.
- Gourmet three course dinners created with local delicacies such as reindeer, moose and Arctic Char.
- A traditional Swedish Christmas / New Year dinner on the 24th/31st of December.
- Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
- Guiding services provided by one of Lights Over Lapland’s award winning professional aurora photography guides.
Lights Over Lapland is proud of the fact that all of our trips are all inclusive. When you book a trip with us you can rest assured that there will not be any additional fees upon arrival. Alcohol and soft drinks are not included.
Available dates in 2017-18:
Choose your arrival date in the booking section to make a reservation for any of the dates above.
Our trips have a tendency to become fully booked well in advance so it is recommended that you confirm your booking as early as possible to guarantee your position on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
We include a dogsledding trip and a day trip to the Icehotel in your package but it is possible to add one more adventure to your action packed itinerary for an additional fee. Click here to see all of our activities!
You will have the opportunity to experience 5 days and 4 nights of exciting adventure well above the Arctic Circle. Thanks to a very dry and clear climate you will have a minimum of an 80% chance of witnessing and photographing the aurora during your stay in Abisko. By day you can spend time on your own enjoying the wilderness of Abisko National Park, or join a guided tour with one of our professional partners. By night your guide will help you locate and photograph the aurora in and around Abisko National Park.
Lights Over Lapland is proud to announce that 100% of our guests have seen auroras during our Chrismas in Lapland packages! While we can not guarantee that you will see the lights during your trip we can say that you have a very high likelihood of success. Due to our location in a microclimate and resulting rain shadow, Abisko National Park is one of the finest locations for stargazing and astrophotography in the world.
Our tours are designed in a way that will accommodate as many different levels of physical fitness as possible. We usually walk less than one kilometer per direction to and from our many locations in Abisko National Park. Is is common to walk in deep snow and in cold conditions during our tours. If you have any physical limitations that may cause you to be unable to walk a total of two kilometers please inform us when you make a booking so we can discuss your needs ahead of time.
A 20% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance must be paid no later than 45 days prior to arrival. If you cancel your reservation before making your final payment you are not required to make any additional payments but we will not refund the booking deposit that you already paid. If you cancel after making your final payment no refunds will be offered. If at any time an unforeseen event causes Lights Over Lapland to cancel the trip you will receive a 100% refund, including the booking deposit. Lights Over Lapland is not responsible for any travel expenses to or from Abisko National Park.