Would you like to join one of Lights Over Lapland’s world renowned photographers in Abisko National Park? We are proud to offer our guests the opportunity to create a customisable aurora holiday package in one of the best places on the planet to see and photograph the magical northern lights – Abisko National Park, Sweden.
Our all inclusive Customisable Aurora Photo Holidays are among the highest ranked aurora photo adventures on Earth and offer you the most convenient way to see and photograph the northern lights with highly skilled professional photographers. When you book a Customisable Aurora Photo Holiday with Lights Over Lapland you can take comfort in the fact that we will handle every detail for you. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the Lights Over Lapland!
Booking information: This 4 night package includes all food, lodging and multiple activities. Please choose your arrival date in the booking calendar to proceed with a reservation. You will only pay a
20% deposit when you make the booking. We will send you a detailed itinerary of your trip together with your final invoice approximately 60 days before arrival.
Convert SEK to your local currency here!
Our Customisable Aurora Photo Holidays are strictly limited to 10 participants – maximizing your ability to spend as much one on one time with your guide as possible. We are confident that you will go home with lots of great pictures and memories of the Arctic that will last a lifetime!
- Four nights in a private, newly renovated room with a private bathroom at Hotel STF Abisko, beautifully located in Abisko National Park, Sweden see map. The hotel has many cozy public areas where you can find your own spot to admire the awe-inspiring views or keep in touch with the outside world using the free Wi-Fi service provided.
- Four Lights Over Lapland nightly aurora photo tours. We will go to a different location every night including:
– The Lights Over Lapland teepee, a traditional Sami tent set up in the National Park.
– The famous Sami camp, one of our most popular Lights Over Lapland locations!
– A snowmobile sleigh ride to a remote cabin on one of Sweden’s most majestic frozen bodies of water, Lake Torneträsk.
– A night visit at the world famous Aurora Sky Station with one of Lights Over Lapland’s professional aurora photographers.
- A half day dogsledding adventure in the frozen wilderness of Abisko National Park.
- High quality camera, tripod, backpack and batteries for the duration of your stay.
- Warm Arctic overalls to be worn over your clothes.
- Access to an authentic Scandinavian sauna.
- Organic breakfast buffet with a wide variety of tasty breakfast foods.
- Traditional Swedish lunch buffet or packable lunch boxes for your outdoor activities in Abisko National Park.
- Gourmet three course dinners created with local delicacies such as reindeer, moose and Arctic Char.
- Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
Lights Over Lapland is proud of the fact that all of our trips are all inclusive and that we DO NOT require any sort of supplement for single travelers. When you book a trip with us you can rest assured that there will not be any additional fees upon arrival. Alcohol and soft drinks are not included.
Available dates in 2016-17:
Choose your arrival date in the booking calendar to make a reservation for any of the dates above.
Our trips have a tendency to become fully booked well in advance so it is recommended that you confirm your booking as early as possible to guarantee your position on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
We include an exciting dogsledding adventure in your Customisable Aurora Photo Holiday and it is possible to add two more activities to your itinerary for an additional fee. Click here to see all of our activities!
You will have the opportunity to experience 5 days and 4 nights of exciting adventure well above the Arctic Circle. Thanks to a very dry and clear climate you will have a minimum of an 80% chance of witnessing and photographing the aurora during your stay in Abisko. By day you can spend time on your own enjoying the wilderness of Abisko National Park, or join a guided tour with one of our professional partners. By night your guide will help you locate and photograph the aurora in and around Abisko National Park.
Lights Over Lapland is proud to announce that approximately 98% of our guests have seen auroras during our Customisable Aurora Photo Holidays! While we can not guarantee that you will see the lights during your trip we can say that you have a very high likelihood of success. Due to our location in a microclimate and resulting rain shadow, Abisko National Park is one of the finest locations for stargazing and astrophotography in the world.
Our tours are designed in a way that will accommodate as many different levels of physical fitness as possible. We usually walk less than one kilometer per direction to and from our many locations in Abisko National Park. Is is common to walk in deep snow and in cold conditions during our tours. If you have any physical limitations that may cause you to be unable to walk a total of two kilometers please inform us when you make a booking so we can discuss your needs ahead of time.
A 20% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance must be paid no later than 45 days prior to arrival. If you cancel your reservation before making your final payment you are not required to make any additional payments but we will not refund the booking deposit that you already paid. If you cancel after making your final payment no refunds will be offered. If at any time an unforeseen event causes Lights Over Lapland to cancel the trip you will receive a 100% refund, including the booking deposit. Lights Over Lapland is not responsible for any travel expenses to or from Abisko National Park.