Would you like to join world renowned aurora borealis photographer Chad Blakley in Abisko National Park? We are now able to offer our guests the opportunity to create a highly customisable aurora photography package in one of the best places on the planet to see and photograph the magical northern lights.
We are proud to announce that last season we had a 100% aurora viewing success rate on our customisable aurora borealis photo holidays!
When you book a customisable aurora borealis photo holiday you can take comfort in the fact that we will handle every detail for you. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the Lights Over Lapland!
The following items are always included in all of our packages:
- Four nights in a private room with a private bathroom at Hotel STF Abisko, beautifully located in Abisko National Park, Sweden see map. The hotel has many cosy public areas where you can find your own spot to admire the awe-inspiring views or keep in touch with the outside world using the free Wi-Fi service provided.
- Organic breakfast buffet with a wide variety of tasty breakfast foods.
- Traditional Swedish lunch buffet or lunch boxes to go for your outdoor activities in Abisko National Park. Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
- Gourmet three course dinners with local delicacies such as reindeer, moose and arctic char. Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
- Access to an authentic Scandinavian sauna.
- Three Lights Over Lapland nightly aurora photo tours with professional aurora photographer Chad Blakley. Camera, tripod and warm overalls are included.
Depending upon which date you choose, we also include other exciting activities such as dogsledding, hiking with huskies or a visit to the world famous Aurora Sky Station (weather dependent). See detailed information about each package by clicking on the dates below.
- October 3rd – 7th - 7 spaces available
- November 7th – 11th - 10 spaces available
- December 9th – 13th - 5 spaces available
- February 3rd – 7th - Fully booked! waiting list
- March 3rd – 7th - Fully booked! waiting list
How to get to Abisko
When you arrive in Abisko National Park you will most certainly feel like you have been transported to a winter wonderland that is far away from the daily grind of home. While Abisko is located approximately 125 KM north of the Arctic Circle you may be surprised to know that part of what makes the National Park so special is just how easy it is to get here!
Most of our guests fly into Stockholm’s Arlanda International Airport from their home country. From Stockholm you can catch a quick domestic flight to Kiruna in Swedish Lapland. Once you arrive in Kiruna, Abisko is a one and a half hour journey via public bus or train. You also have the option of using a taxi, minibus or private transfer in one of Lights Over Lapland’s company vehicles. Regardless of what time you land we can help you arrange a transfer from Kiruna to Abisko that suits nearly any desire for comfort or style. The drive from Kiruna to Abisko is incredibly beautiful and it is not uncommon to see reindeer, moose, Arctic foxes and eagles along the way. From the moment that you leave Kiruna and start to see the beautiful mountain vistas of the Arctic you will begin to realize that you are in a very special place! All trips between Kiruna and Abisko should be booked well in advance.
For our guests that yearn for a little more adventure, and the opportunity to see a bit more of the Swedish countryside, you also have the option of a romantic train journey from Stockholm all the way to the door of our hotel in Abisko.