Join us in Abisko for a once in a lifetime opportunity to see and photograph the majestic aurora borealis in Abisko National Park!
Professional aurora borealis photographer and senior Lights Over Lapland guide Oliver Wright, whose photographs have been seen around the world in places like Grand Designs Magazine, BBC Wildlife Magazine and Spaceweather.com will use his many years of experience to give you the greatest possible chance of witnessing the aurora, and he will teach you the skills you will need to photograph this wonder of nature.
Convert SEK to your local currency here!
- Four nights in a private, newly renovated room with a private bathroom at Hotel STF Abisko, beautifully located in Abisko National Park, Sweden see map. The hotel has many cozy public areas where you can find your own spot to admire the awe-inspiring views or keep in touch with the outside world using the free Wi-Fi service provided.
- Four nights of aurora photography with professional photographer Oliver Wright. We will go to a different location every night including:
– The Lights Over Lapland teepee, a traditional Sami tent set up in the National Park.
– The famous Sami camp, one of our most popular Lights Over Lapland locations!
– A snowmobile sleigh ride to a remote cabin on one of Sweden’s most majestic frozen bodies of water – Lake Torneträsk.
– A night visit at the world famous Aurora Sky Station with professional photographer Oliver Wright.
- A half day Dogsledding adventure in the frozen wilderness of Abisko National Park.
- In depth, daily theoretical photography instruction and feedback with award winning professional photographer Oliver Wright.
- In depth post processing tuition that will teach you how to use Lightroom to bring out the very best of your aurora images.
- Your choice of a guided day trip to the World Famous Icehotel OR a half day landscape photography course with Oliver Wright.
- Organic breakfast buffet with a wide variety of tasty breakfast foods.
- Traditional Swedish lunch buffet or packable lunch boxes for your outdoor activities in Abisko National Park.
- Gourmet three course dinners created with local delicacies such as reindeer, moose and Arctic Char.
- Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
- Access to an authentic Scandinavian sauna.
Warm clothing, boots and camera equipment are available for rent.
December 7th-11th, 2015
January 4th-8th, 2016
February 1st-5th, 2016
March 7th-11th, 2016
Our trips have a tendency to become fully booked well in advance so it is recommended that you confirm your booking as early as possible to guarantee your position on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
We include several exciting daytime experiences in your Aurora Photo Expedition but it is possible to add one more adventure to your action packed itinerary for an additional fee. For more information click here!
Lights Over Lapland is proud of the fact that all of our trips are all inclusive and that we DO NOT require any sort of supplement for single travelers. When you book a trip with us you can rest assured that there will not be any additional fees upon arrival. Alcohol and soft drinks are not included.
If you are interested in fine tuning your skills as a photographer and learning the fine details of astrophotography and low-light photography then this is the photo course for you! Our small group will have access to a private conference room where Oliver will offer daily image reviews and feedback sessions that focus on composition, proper infinity focus, exposure time, white balance settings and all of the other fine details that are required to capture stunning images of the stars, planets, Milky Way and most importantly the aurora borealis. For the first time in Lights Over Lapland’s history we will also include an exciting Lightroom training session that is sure to help you create the best images and prints possible. This trip has always been Lights Over Lapland’s flagship product and offers more one on one time with your guide than any of our other trips. Oliver will use Lights Over Lapland’s years of experience in Abisko to lead you to several of the most beautiful locations in the National Park.
You will have the opportunity to experience 5 days and 4 nights of exciting adventure well above the Arctic Circle. Thanks to a very dry and clear climate you will have a minimum of an 80% chance of witnessing and photographing the aurora during your stay in Abisko. By day you can spend time on your own enjoying the wilderness of Abisko National Park, or join a guided tour with one of our professional partners. By night we will help you locate and photograph the aurora in and around Abisko National Park.
Our Expeditions are strictly limited to ten participants – maximizing your ability to spend as much one on one time with Oliver as possible. We are confident that there is no other aurora photography trip available that will offer you a greater opportunity to see the northern lights and to sharpen your skills as an astrophotographer.
Lights Over Lapland is proud to announce that 100% of our guests have seen auroras during Lights Over Lapland’s Aurora Photo Expeditions! While we can not guarantee that you will see the lights during your trip we can say that you have a very high likelihood of success. Due to our location in a micro climate and resulting rain shadow Abisko National Park is one of the finest locations for stargazing and astrophotography in the world.
Our tours are designed in a way that will accommodate as many different levels of physical fitness as possible. We usually walk less than one kilometer per direction to and from our many locations in Abisko National Park. Is is common to walk in deep snow and in cold conditions during our tours. If you have any physical limitations that may cause you to be unable to walk a total of two kilometers please inform us when you make a booking so we can discuss your needs ahead of time.
Please fill out this form to make a reservation request. A 20% deposit is required at the time of booking and the remaining balance must be paid no later than 45 days prior to arrival. Payments are made in advance via credit card or bank transfer. You will receive a confirmation and payment information within 48 hours of your booking request.