Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures
Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures
Would you like to see and photograph the northern lights during the warmest time of the entire aurora season? Our Autumn packages allow you to visit the Arctic before the coldest weather arrives and offer you an opportunity to see Abisko in its purest form. During these exclusive Autumn adventures there will be very few other tourists in the area allowing us to take you off the beaten path and show you parts of the National Park that are not accessible during the peak season.
October & November 2018
Abisko National Park, Sweden
Abisko Mountain Lodge
#1 THING TO DO
IN ABISKO NATIONAL PARK
Included in package
- Four nights in a private single or private twin room with a en-suite bathroom at the Abisko Mountain Lodge, beautifully located in Abisko, Sweden.
- Two exciting daytime activities:
- The third day is open for exploring the area on your own or adding a Landscape photography course to your package for an additional cost. As a special offer, if you add this exciting adventure at the time of booking you will receive a 50% discount off the normal cost. It is also possible to book an exciting day trip to Narvik, Norway with our friends at Visit Abisko if you want to discover more of the area, see the beautiful Arctic fjords and learn about the history from World War II.
- Four Lights Over Lapland nightly aurora photo tours. We will go to a different location every night depending upon current weather conditions. We will choose between the following locations:
- STF Abisko’s famous Sami camp, one of our most popular Lights Over Lapland locations!
- A scenic location along the shoreline of Lake Torneträsk.
- A boat house on the shore of Sweden’s 6th largest Lake – Torneträsk.
- The Abisko River delta on the shore of beautiful Lake Torneträsk.
- An exciting aurora hunt in one of Lights Over Lapland’s safe and modern minivans.
- High quality camera, tripod, backpack and batteries for the duration of your stay.
- Warm Arctic overalls for the duration of your stay.
- Free Wi-Fi in your room and in all public areas of the hotel.
- Access to an authentic Scandinavian sauna.
- Traditional Swedish breakfast buffet with a wide variety of tasty breakfast foods including traditional Swedish offerings and fresh baked bread.
- Delicious soup lunches or packable lunch boxes for your outdoor activities in Abisko National Park.
- Gourmet three course dinners created with local delicacies such as reindeer, moose and Arctic char. Your evening meal is sure to be one of the highlights of your adventure! Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
- Guiding services provided by one of Lights Over Lapland’s award winning professional aurora photography guides.
You will have the opportunity to experience 5 days and 4 nights of exciting adventure well above the Arctic Circle. Thanks to a very dry and clear climate you will have a minimum of an 80% chance of witnessing and photographing the aurora during your stay in Abisko.
Lights Over Lapland is proud to announce that 100% of our guests have seen auroras during Lights Over Lapland’s Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures! While we can not guarantee that you will see the lights during your trip we can say that you have a very high likelihood of success. Due to our location in a microclimate and resulting rain shadow, Abisko National Park is one of the finest locations for stargazing and astrophotography in the world.
Our tours are designed in a way that will accommodate as many different levels of physical fitness as possible. We usually walk less than one kilometer per direction to and from our many locations in Abisko National Park. It is common to walk in snow and in cold conditions during our tours. If you have any physical limitations that may cause you to be unable to walk a total of two kilometers please inform us when you make a booking so we can discuss your needs ahead of time.
Good to know
- This 4 night package includes all food, lodging and activities. Please choose your arrival date in the booking section to proceed with a reservation.
- You will only pay a 20% deposit when you make the booking. We will send you a detailed itinerary of your trip together with your final invoice approximately 60 days before arrival.
- Minimum age: 16 years old. Please note that we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
- Our Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures are strictly limited to 8 participants – maximizing your ability to spend as much one on one time with your guide as possible. We are confident that you will go home with lots of great pictures and memories of the Arctic that will last a lifetime!
- Our trips have a tendency to become fully booked well in advance so it is recommended that you confirm your booking as early as possible to guarantee your position on this once in a lifetime opportunity!
- Lights Over Lapland is proud of the fact that all of our trips are all inclusive and that we DO NOT require any sort of supplement for single travellers. When you book a trip with us you can rest assured that there will not be any additional fees upon arrival. Alcohol and soft drinks are not included.