Wilderness aurora photo adventures
We will travel through ancient Arctic forests, across frozen lakes, take in incredible mountain vistas and pristine Arctic wilderness before arriving at our exclusive location – One of Lights Over Lapland’s remote, wilderness camps.
Our beautiful outpost is in one of the most remote and scenic locations in the Abisko valley with incredible views in every direction and wide open vistas to the north – the heart of the northern lights.
This fantastic location allows our guests to access one of the darkest areas in Abisko which means we will have an opportunity to see and photograph stars, galaxies, the milky way and the aurora borealis with virtually no light pollution.
Upon arrival your guide will help you set up your camera, and help you capture unforgettable images of the northern lights dancing above the Abisko Mountain Range, Lake Torneträsk and all of the other spectacular scenery visible from our wilderness camp. While your professional photography guide helps you make the most of your camera, a professionally trained Arctic guide from our partners at Activities in Abisko will prepare a glowing fire inside of our shelter giving you an opportunity to go inside and warm up while waiting for the northern lights to make the first appearance of the evening. The crackling fire also creates a beautiful glow in the camp that guarantees incredible images in virtually any weather condition. As the evening continues your guide will serve you a light snack and a steaming mug of our delicious Lingonberry juice. The combination of our locally produced lingonberry juice and the magical dance of the northern lights is more than enough to warm your body and soul even on the coldest of Arctic nights!
- This incredibly exclusive adventure is strictly limited to 10 guests per trip and includes two highly trained leaders – one professional photographer and one professional Arctic guide.
- Lights Over Lapland is the only photography tour operator in Abisko to go to the expense of including two guides for your adventure in the Abisko valley. We believe that this service is crucial when traveling into the wilderness as it provides our guests with the highest levels of service and safety. This spectacular adventure has a ratio of one guide to five guests making this trip the most exclusive photography adventure in Abisko!
- We ask that you provide your own SD memory cards to be used in our cameras. We recommend a minimum of two to four gigabytes of storage space. Memory cards are also available for purchase if needed (16 GB: 200 SEK).
- It is important that you bring warm clothes to wear under your overalls and warm insulated winter boots for your feet (also available to rent for an extra fee).
- Minimum age: 10 years old (children under 15 years old will need to share a camera with their parent).
- Is this trip fully booked on the night you want to visit us? Our Nightly Aurora Photo Tour is often available when the Wilderness Aurora Photo Adventure is not. Take a look here
Camera, tripod, backpack, warm overall, head lamp, warm drink, guiding services, snowmobile sled ride and approximately 3 hours of searching for and photographing the aurora.