Wilderness aurora photo adventure
Wilderness Aurora Photo Adventure
Our newest tour – an exclusive sleigh ride and Aurora Photo Tour in the heart of Abisko’s remote wilderness!
December - March
Abisko Mountain Lodge
8:00 PM – 11:30 PM
#1 THING TO DO
IN ABISKO NATIONAL PARK
Upon arrival your guide will help you set up your camera, and help you capture unforgettable images of the northern lights dancing above the Abisko Mountain Range, Lake Torneträsk and all of the other spectacular scenery visible from our wilderness camp. While your professional photography guide helps you make the most of your camera, a professionally trained Arctic guide from our partners at Activities in Abisko will prepare a glowing fire inside of our shelter giving you an opportunity to go inside and warm up while waiting for the northern lights to make the first appearance of the evening. The crackling fire also creates a beautiful glow in the camp that guarantees incredible images in virtually any weather condition. As the evening continues your guide will serve you a light snack and a steaming mug of our delicious Lingonberry juice. The combination of our locally produced lingonberry juice and the magical dance of the northern lights is more than enough to warm your body and sole even on the coldest of Arctic nights!
Camera, tripod, backpack, warm overall, head lamp, warm drink, guiding services, snowmobile sled ride and approximately 3 hours of searching for and photographing the aurora.
Optional Round Trip Transfer
STF Abisko Turiststation – Abisko Mountain Lodge 175 SEK/person
Björkliden – Abisko Mountain Lodge 325 SEK/person
Good to know
- This incredibly exclusive adventure is strictly limited to 10 guests per trip and includes two highly trained leaders – one professional photographer and one professional Arctic guide.
- Lights Over Lapland is the only photography tour operator in Abisko to go to the expense of including two guides for your adventure in the Abisko valley. We believe that this service is crucial when traveling into the wilderness as it provides our guests with the highest levels of service and safety. This spectacular adventure has a ratio of one guide to five guests making this trip the most exclusive photography adventure in Abisko!
- We ask that you provide your own SD memory cards to be used in our cameras. We recommend a minimum of two to four gigabytes of storage space. Memory cards are also available for purchase if needed (16 GB: 200 SEK).
- It is important that you bring warm clothes to wear under your overalls and warm insulated winter boots for your feet (also available to rent for an extra fee).
- Minimum age: 10 years old (children under 15 years old will need to share a camera with their parent).