Explore the ICEHOTEL
Explore the Icehotel
Take a trip into a world of ice, snow and art with a visit to the world famous ICEHOTEL with its amazing Art Suites, Ice Church and famous ICEBAR!
Marvel at the amazing individually sculpted Art Suites, Ice Rooms and Ice Church whilst learning about how this one-of-a-kind hotel is designed and created each year . Finally head to the Ice Bar to enjoy one of the coolest drinks you will probably ever have!
Following the tour you will have the chance to have lunch in the comfortable restaurant, take a coffee in the stylish bar or buy some souvenirs from your experience at this truly amazing hotel, before going back to Abisko and Björkliden.
- Lunch is not included but can be purchased at the Icehotel restaurant for an additional cost.
- It is important that you wear warm clothes, hats and gloves as well as warm insulated winter boots for your feet. The temperature inside the Icehotel is always -5 C.
- The Icehotel is in a small village called Jukkasjärvi which is located approximately fifteen minutes from the Kiruna Airport. Because of this close proximity to the Kiruna Airport, many of our guests choose to book this exciting daytrip on the final day of their trip to Abisko, essentially using the tour as an inexpensive and seamless way to enjoy a nice daytrip that takes them in the direction of the city and the airport. You are very welcome to bring your bags with you on this day trip and then catch a bus or taxi directly from the Icehotel to the Kiruna Airport or to another hotel in Kiruna. This strategy works particularly well for clients who fly to Stockholm on one of the afternoon departures from the Kiruna Airport.
- The winter hotel is constructed during the early winter and thus is usually finished in mid-December. Before this time you will still have access to the amazing ICEHOTEL 365 which allows guests to step inside a sparkling, subfreezing environment all year round thanks to new technology in combination with traditional building methods. Included within the ICEHOTEL 365 building is the Ice Bar which means you will have the chance to visit it in the early winter as well.
- Minimum age allowed for this activity is 5 years old.
- Round trip transportation from your hotel in Abisko/Björkliden to Jukkasjärvi outside of Kiruna, where the Icehotel is located.
- Entrance ticket to the Icehotel.
We pick you up from any hotel in Abisko or Björkliden.
PICK UP INFORMATION
If you are staying in Abisko, please be ready for pick up at your hotel from 9:15 AM.
If you are staying in Björkliden the pickup time is 9:00 AM.
Departing from Jukkasjärvi 2:00 PM.
All guests returned to their hotels by 4:00 PM.