Dog sledding Experience
This once in a lifetime dog sledding experience is a great addition to your holiday package in Abisko National Park!
This two hour tour takes you into areas of the National Park that you could never reach without the assistance of your dog team and gives you the chance to see and photograph the Arctic wilderness in ways that you never thought possible!
Approximately half way through the journey you will stop and rest so you have the opportunity to take pictures and play with the dogs. This trip is in very high demand and is sure to create memories that will last a lifetime!
- Please know that this activity is only available for people who are booked on one of our multi-day holiday packages.
- This trip is in very high demand and gets fully booked quickly. Book your space now to make sure you don’t miss out on this popular adventure!
- You may have to share a sled with other people. We allow up to 4 people per sled.
- Minimum age: 5 years.
- In December and January, the afternoon tours will end in darkness, so you will experience both the daylight and total darkness during this tour. The total darkness in December and January also means that you will have a good chance to spot the northern lights!
- If you would prefer to drive your own team of dogs, please let us know and we may be able to arrange this!
Pick up from your hotel, warm overalls, winter boots, gloves.
Your dogsledding adventure starts just outside Abisko.net
Please be ready for pickup in reception area at your hotel at the following times:
8:40 AM for the morning tour – the tour starts at 9:00 AM
1:40 PM for the afternoon tour – the tour starts at 2:00 PM.
Please be prepared for a waiting time up to 15 minutes as the exact pickup time depends on the amount of stops we make before reaching your accommodation.
If you are staying at Abisko Mountain Lodge you can go to the meeting point shortly before the starting time of the tour, 9:00 AM or 2:00 PM – as the tour starts just around the corner.