Abisko Aurora Chase
Abisko Aurora Chase
Join one of Lights Over Lapland’s professional guides in Abisko and chase the magical northern lights in one of our safe, modern 4x4 vehicles or larger buses!
During this adventure, your guide will talk about the auroras, the history of Abisko National Park and serve you a warm drink. Don’t miss this once-in-a-lifetime aurora chasing expedition, which will allow you to use our experience and mobility to go to where the aurora activity is the highest, and where there weather gives us a good chance of success! Book your adventure today!
Many of the locations are on lakes and rivers which allow you to see the auroras in the sky AND reflecting in the open water during the Autumn and reflecting in the polished ice during the Winter. Our team of professionals has access to more spectacular locations than any other operator in Abisko. During your adventure we usually visit at least one of the following locations:
- The scenic shoreline of Lake Torneträsk with stunning views in every direction!
- A calm bay at the northwest end of Lake Torneträsk with incredible Arctic views and a cozy fire pit.
- A spectacular location with panoramic views on the top of Bear Mountain near the border of Sweden and Norway.
- An amazing aurora outlook in the mountains surrounding Björkliden.
- A remote fishing village near the mouth of the Torne River which flows out of Lake Torneträsk.
- AND MUCH MORE!!
- Warm clothing is NOT included in this tour. It is important that you bring warm clothes to wear and warm insulated winter boots. Warm overalls and heavy duty arctic boots are available to rent for an extra charge.
- Minimum age: 5 years old (we will not be able to provide any child seats in the vehicle).
- Please note that during the peak season we may use a vehicle with a maximum of 30 seats.
- Camera gear is not included in this tour but your guide has a very basic understanding of aurora photography and will be happy to give you a few pointers along the way if you bring your own camera. If you are looking for a trip which is focused on helping you capture stunning photographs of the northern lights, we highly recommend our Ultimate Aurora Photo Adventure with all camera gear included!
- A slightly different version of this tour is also available during the autumn season October-November. Learn more
8:15-8:30 PM (please be in the lobby of your hotel by 8:15 PM)
The aurora borealis is a natural occurance so Lights Over Lapland can not make any form of gurantee that you will see the lights during our tour. If you do not see the lights during your time with us and you want to give it another try please let us know and we will happily offer you a small discount on a new booking if we have availability. To request a discount on an additional tour please send an email to [email protected].
No, the tour will go on as planned as long as the road conditions allow us to safely operate the adventure.