Anytime Aurora Adventures
Are you dreaming of the perfect Northern Lights Holiday in Abisko National Park? Would you prefer a custom tailored adventure that focuses on your particular interests and the specific dates you want to travel rather than a pre built package? Look no further – Lights Over Lapland’s Anytime Aurora Adventures are just what you are looking for!
Our all-inclusive, Anytime Aurora Adventures in Abisko National Park are designed by a team of professionals with two priorities: To help you see the northern lights and to build a trip that is designed around the dates that you can travel when one of our pre existing Northern lights holiday packages don’t work with your schedule.
- We can offer independent travelers an all-inclusive adventure ranging from a minimum of three nights in Abisko all the way up to any duration of time that you choose.
We have found that three days in Abisko gives you an excellent opportunity to see the northern lights but always recommend that you stay a minimum of four nights if possible as this virtually guarantees that you will see the northern lights while in our care.
Our Anytime Aurora Adventures include accommodation in one of the best hotels in Abisko, gourmet meals in the finest local restaurants, and an evening aurora adventure each night that you are in Abisko. This includes exciting trips like our Wilderness Aurora Photo Adventure in the beautiful nature surrounding Abisko National Park, and our classic Nightly Aurora photo tour. In addition, to all of the excitement you will enjoy with our team of professionals each night, we also include one daytime activity of your choice (Excluding the Sami & Reindeer Experience and the 4 hour snowmobile tour). This ensures that you never miss an opportunity to see the auroras, and allows you to experience all of the majestic views that Abisko and the surrounding areas provide during the day. There are lots of great options to choose from but we can highly recommend one of our Morning Hikes in Abisko National Park, an exciting landscape photography adventure, a trip to the beautiful fjord city of Narvik, Norway or a once in a lifetime journey to the world’s original Icehotel in Jukkasjärvi. If you are looking for an adventure that gets your adrenaline pumping we can offer lots of excitement on a snowmobile or a dogsledding trip in Abisko. In addition to one included daytime activity of your choice, you also have an opportunity to book extra activities for an additional fee.
Our Anytime Aurora Adventures are among the highest ranked aurora adventures on Earth and provide you with a very high likelihood of a successful aurora chase! We are also proud of the fact that these trips represent an excellent value as they only include the trips that you are interested in and are custom designed for each of our guests. When you book a Independent Northern Lights Holiday with Lights Over Lapland you can take comfort in the fact that we will handle every detail for you. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the Lights Over Lapland!
December - March
Abisko National Park, Sweden
STF Abisko Turiststation / Abisko Mountain Lodge
Price Convert price
From 13350 SEK/person based on three nights in a twin room.
Included in package
- A minimum of three nights in a private, newly renovated room with a private bathroom at STF Abisko Turiststation or Abisko Mountain Lodge, both beautifully located in Abisko, Sweden.
- Exciting aurora adventures every night lead by one of Lights Over Lapland’s professional guides.
- One daytime activity of your choice (excluding The Sami & Reindeer Experience and the 4 hour Snowmobile Adventure) – View all of our activities!
Extra daytime activities can be added for an additional fee.
- High quality camera, tripod, backpack and batteries for the duration of your stay.
- Headlamp and warm Arctic overalls for the duration of your stay.
- Access to an authentic Scandinavian sauna.
- Organic breakfast buffet with a wide variety of tasty breakfast foods.
- Traditional Swedish lunch buffet or packable lunch boxes for your outdoor activities in Abisko National Park.
- Gourmet three course dinners created with local delicacies such as reindeer, moose and Arctic Char.
- Delicious vegetarian, vegan and gluten free meals available upon request.
What you'll do
Lead by one of Lights Over Lapland’s professional guides.
We will take you on an exciting adventure every night.
Depending upon current weather conditions,
we will chose between many different locations:
The Sami village includes several photogenic structures including authentic Lavvus, earthen homes and timber frame houses.
This exciting excursion will give you the opportunity to experience the beauty of Lapland from as many different vantage points as possible.
Lights Over Lapland has two teepees located within the boundaries of Abisko National Park – both offer stunning views to the north.
The shoreline of Lake Torneträsk offers several incredibly scenic locations, all with open views to the north!
You will get to enjoy a snowmobile sled ride to reach these locations which is sure to add lots of excitement to your adventure!
Where you'll stay
One activity of your choice (excluding The Sami & Reindeer Experience and the 4 hour Snowmobile Adventure) is included in the package price and up to two extra daytime activities can be added to your package for an additional fee.
- This package includes all food, lodging and multiple activities. Please fill out our booking form below to receive a quote.
- You are only required to pay a 20% deposit when you make the booking. We will send you a detailed itinerary of your trip together with your final invoice approximately 60 days before arrival.
- Minimum age: 10 years old. Please note that we cannot make exceptions to this policy.
- Accommodation and activities have a tendency to become fully booked well in advance so it is recommended that you confirm your booking as early as possible to guarantee your position on this once in a lifetime opportunity! We require that you make your booking no later than 30 days before arrival.
- Our tours are designed in a way that will accommodate as many different levels of physical fitness as possible. We usually walk less than one kilometer per direction to and from our many locations in Abisko National Park. It is common to walk in snow and in cold conditions during our tours. If you have any physical limitations that may cause you to be unable to walk at a steady pace in heavy winter clothing, please inform us when you make a booking so we can discuss your needs ahead of time.
We are often asked whether we recommend one of our Customisable Aurora Holidays / Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures or an Anytime Aurora Adventure. The simple answer is this, we always recommend one of our Customisable Aurora Holidays or Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures for any guests whose schedule allows them to join a pre-set range of dates!
All of our other northern lights holiday packages guarantee that you will enjoy the company of the same group of travelers and have the same guide for your entire visit. You will have dinner together every night to allow you to get to know each other better and to form a nice bond with your guide and your fellow aurora chasers! Finally these holiday packages allow you to spend more time searching for the northern lights as there are no time limitations which require us to have you back at the hotel for a specific time, where as though if you book an Anytime Aurora Adventure we would need to follow a set schedule for each evening activity.
Our Customisable Aurora Holidays and Autumn Aurora Photo Adventures are time tested and have helped countless people from all over the planet see the lights during the last decade. Of all the adventures in Abisko national Park these trips give you the highest probability of success. That said, if your schedule does not allow you to join one of these packages, our Anytime Aurora Adventures are the next best thing!
We have offered these Anytime Aurora Adventures for five seasons and we are proud to say that every single one of these guests have seen the northern lights while in our care.
While Lights Over Lapland’s adventures are a favorite among photographers, we are often asked about how our tours are experienced by guests with little or no interest in photography. The answer is simple; you do not need to be a photographer to have a the time of your life on one of our aurora adventures!
- We have had countless guests join us who had little or no interest in photography over the years and we are happy to say that they have all gone home very happy with our packages!
While all our adventures include camera gear, our trips are not specifically designed for photographers. We simply include cameras in our packages as we believe that the best souvenir from Abisko is a photograph of the aurora display that you witnessed during your time in the Arctic. Our guides will be happy to help you capture beautiful photographs and teach you the ins and outs of aurora photography but their main focus is to make sure that you see the lights and that you enjoy every moment of your time in Abisko.
If you would prefer to not use a camera during your visit just let us know and we will make sure that your guide takes lots of nice photographs of you with the lights so that you can go home with some great images of your Arctic Adventure! We are 100% confident that you will enjoy our trip even if you have no interest in photography so dont delay – book your Arctic Adventure with the top rated operator in Abisko National Park today!