4-night, 100% Private Aurora Escape
Are you looking for an escape this winter? Are you tired of sitting at home and dreaming of a winter holiday but don’t like the idea of going on an adventure with a group of strangers? Do you yearn for excitement, but just aren’t ready to go on a traditional aurora holiday during the strange times that we find ourselves living in? If you have answered yes to any of these questions, Lights Over Lapland has got you covered!
Lights Over Lapland is proud to reveal our newest adventure: an escape to the Arctic that greatly reduces your exposure to COVID-19 and creates a bubble of protection around you and up to five friends or family members from the time you arrive in Lapland until the time that you head back home. This exciting adventure is based out of a lovely three-bedroom house that we own in the heart of Abisko.
- This reduced risk adventure is designed in a way that means you will never have to interact with anyone outside of the group you are traveling with other than your guide.
We have used our decade long expertise in building exciting adventures in the Arctic and all the resources available to us to design an all-inclusive adventure of a lifetime that allows you to safely see the northern lights this season in a 100% private setting with the most trusted team in Abisko.
You will have the opportunity to experience 5 days and 4 nights of exciting adventure well above the Arctic Circle. Thanks to a very dry and clear climate you will have a minimum of an 80% chance of witnessing and photographing the aurora during your stay in Abisko.
While we can not guarantee that you will see the lights during your trip we can say that you have a very high likelihood of success. Due to our location in a micro climate and resulting rain shadow, Abisko National Park is one of the finest locations for aurora watching, stargazing and astrophotography in the world.
When you book an Aurora Escape with Lights Over Lapland you can take comfort in the fact that we will handle every detail for you. All you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the Lights Over Lapland!
October - April
Abisko National Park, Sweden
Kiruna Airport (KRN)
Price Convert price
From 14,165 SEK/person
1-4 people 64,995 SEK
5-6 people 84,995 SEK
From 1,375 EUR/person
1-4 people 6,295 EUR
5-6 people 8,235 EUR
Included in package
- Meet and greet with your guide at Kiruna Airport, or at Abisko train station if you arrive by train.
- Five days and four nights of 100% Private accommodation in a spacious three-bedroom house in the village of Abisko.
- The house will be professionally deep cleaned before arrival and all touch points will be sanitized so that you can focus all your energy on enjoying the moment and leave the concerns of the normal world at home.
- All meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are self-catered using a large selection of tasty food in a fully stocked kitchen in our private home. Vegetarian and gluten free food can be provided upon request.
- Guiding services provided by a Sr. Member of the Light Over Lapland team.
- An exciting, 100% private daytime activity on every full day of your adventure.
- A 100% private aurora adventure every single night in the best place on Earth to see the northern lights: Abisko National Park.
- Access to a 100% private Scandinavian sauna.
- High quality camera, tripod, backpack and batteries for the duration of your stay.
- Headlamp, warm Arctic overalls, heavy duty Arctic boots for the duration of your stay.
Where you'll stay
Beautiful home, truly cozy. LOVED the private sauna. Very well-stocked kitchen, tons of amenities to make the place feel like home, like a washer and dryer. Perfectly situated in Abisko.
Every morning after a freshly brewed cup of coffee and a tasty breakfast, your guide will come pick you up and take you out into the stunning Arctic wilderness for your daily adventure.
A few of our favourite options include a hike to all the most scenic points in Abisko National Park, an ice fishing adventure on the frozen surface of an Arctic lake, and a private guided tour of the world-famous Ice Hotel.
After you have enjoyed a fantastic daytime activity in Abisko and the surrounding areas your guide will take you back home so that you can enjoy a couple hours of downtime to rest up for the evening meal and the most exciting part of your adventure – an aurora chase in Abisko!
During your daily down time, you can choose to snuggle up with loved ones by the fire, enjoy a relaxing sauna, put your feet up and enjoy Netflix on our surround sound entertainment centre in the living room, or simply gaze out the window and enjoy a view of endless wilderness!
Every evening after dinner, our guide will use their local knowledge to choose a location that gives you the greatest chance of a successful evening aurora chase.
Depending on the weather, we may decide to stay local and visit one of our many aurora watching locations in and around Abisko National Park. If it looks more promising in another location we will hop in our modern all-wheel drive vehicle and head out in another direction, searching for the right combination of weather and aurora activity. The bottom line is this: your adventure is 100% private and completely flexible without any sort of time constraints which gives you the highest possible likelihood of seeing the northern lights while in our care!
This 100% private adventure will be custom tailored for you, and your friends & family. You can spend each of your three full days enjoying a day time activity, of which we have eight exciting activities to choose from, which will all be led by your private guide. We are also able to arrange dog sledding and snowmobiling for an additional fee (these are non-private activities and will be led by a different guide).
We will take you on an exciting adventure every night.
Depending upon current weather conditions,
we will chose between many different locations:
This exciting excursion will give you the opportunity to experience the beauty of Lapland from as many different vantage points as possible.
The Sami village includes several photogenic structures including authentic Lavvus, earthen homes and timber frame houses.
Lights Over Lapland has two teepees located within the boundaries of Abisko National Park – both offer stunning views to the north.
The natural delta helps keep the water calm and clear allowing us to capture otherworldly images of the auroras dancing in the sky above, and on the mirror like surface of the delta.
The shoreline of Lake Torneträsk offers several incredibly scenic locations, all with open views to the north!
Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be self catered and prepared from a fully stocked kitchen which is full of tasty local foods. Our team is full of travelers who know how important a role that food plays during an adventure, especially in the Arctic. With this in mind, we have created a base menu that will allow you and your friends & family to enjoy traditional Swedish breakfasts and lunches all in the comfort of a 100% private setting.
- When you make a reservation with us, our team of professionals will speak to you about your group’s individual tastes and then design a meal plan around your specific wishes.
After speaking with you about your friends & family’s specific food preferences, our team will go shopping for you and make sure that the kitchen is fully stocked with locally purchased food that is easy to prepare, and even easier to enjoy. An example of the things provided for breakfast and lunch is a selection of hearty breads, cheeses, muesli, juices, eggs, assorted deli meats, daytime snacks etc. Our team will make sure that your cupboard is fully stocked with food that you enjoy and will ensure that you always have tasty food available so that you are full of energy during your adventure.
Examples of the food provided for evening meals include locally sourced, reindeer with potato gratin, locally sourced baked moose with alfredo pasta, freshly caught Arctic Char with vegetables, or moose burgers and fries (chips). All evening meals will include fresh bread, salad and desert!
You and your guide will have full control of the timing and location of meals so that the trip can be 100% focused on your wishes with the ultimate goal of sending you home with memories of the northern lights that will last a lifetime.
While it might be easy to assume that a fully private expedition to the Arctic might be very expensive, we are incredibly proud of the fact that we have been able to keep costs relatively low and made the Arctic accessible for you and your family.
- Our pricing structure means that you pay the same price whether you are traveling alone, or with up to three additional friends or family members.
If you are a group of five or six, the price becomes even more attractive as we can pass the savings we find in having larger groups directly on to our guests. As an example, if you are a couple looking for a romantic getaway, the cost will be 32498 SEK per person. If you are traveling as a group of four, or perhaps a family with two children the cost drops down to 16249 SEK per person. If you are a larger family, or a group of friends traveling with six people, the cost drops down to 14166 SEK per person.
- Long story short: If you are traveling in a group of four or more, this adventure represents an incredibly attractive price point and is nearly the same per person cost of one of our traditional aurora watching packages which are not offered in such an exclusive, private setting.
- This 4 night package includes all food, lodging and multiple activities. Please choose your arrival date in the booking section below to proceed with a reservation.
- You are only required to pay a 20% deposit when you make the booking. We will send you a detailed itinerary of your trip together with your final invoice approximately 60 days before arrival.
- Since you will only be traveling with people you know we are happy to say that there is no age limit which means that every member of your family can enjoy the calmness of the Arctic and all her natural beauty!
It is very common to work in an average temperature of -20 degrees Celsius and very possible to encounter temperatures as low as -35. Warm clothes are a must!
You are responsible for providing all winter clothing. However, one piece Arctic overalls and warm insulated boots are included in this package. For safety reasons, and to ensure that you get the most out of your visit it is very important that you bring the following items:
- Winter Jacket. A down jacket with a hood is highly recommended.
- Warm hat. A warm hat that will cover as much of your head and face as possible.
- Gloves. One heavy pair of outer gloves and a smaller pair of liner gloves to keep on while adjusting your camera equipment.
- Wool Socks. It is recommended that you wear one pair during the day and a fresh pair during the evening so it is good to bring two pairs of socks for each day.
- Multiple clothing layers for top and bottom. Synthetics, wool and fleece are recommended materials. Cotton is to be avoided. For bottom layers, we recommend wearing thermals + one layer of fleece/thick wool or down pants underneath our overalls.
- Goggles are not a must but if you have some at home we suggest you bring them along as they are nice to use in windy conditions. Clear goggles are the best as they can also be used at night.
- A 20% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. The remaining balance must be paid no later than 30 days prior to arrival.
If you cancel 29-15 days prior to arrival you will receive a 50% refund.
If you cancel 14-8 days prior to arrival you will receive a 25% refund.
If you cancel 7-0 days prior to arrival we will not be able to offer any refunds.
If at any time an unforeseen event causes Lights Over Lapland to cancel the trip you will receive a 100% refund, including the booking deposit. Lights Over Lapland is not responsible for any travel expenses to or from Abisko National Park. We highly recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect yourself in case of travel delays, missed flights, illness etc.COVID-19:
If you must cancel your booking due to travel restrictions put in place by the Swedish government, your home country’s government or a country that you must transit through en route to Sweden we will allow you to use your 20% booking deposit towards another trip up to two years in the future without penalty, as late as 8 days prior to arrival. Read our full company policies.
- Due to COVID-19 we are completely rethinking the way we run our adventures with health and safety at the top of our priority list! We are putting new practices in place that help ensure the safety of our guests and our crew members while enjoying the northern lights in Abisko! This includes providing personal protection gear and properly training our team on every aspect of health and safety to ensure that you have a fantastic time during your adventure. Read more about our health and safety plans on our COVID-19 information page.